In order for you to have online therapy video sessions with us, your PC needs to be equipped with the following:
- The Skype software. You can download it free-of-charge from download Skype for Windows.
- The Windows Live Messenger software. You can download it free-of-charge from download Windows Live.
- A web camera, preferably one without a built in microphone. If you do not have one, you can purchase it for under 25 euros and install it in minutes.
- A headset (preferable), or microphone and speakers.
- High-speed internet connection, for the sound and video. The recommended minimum bandwidth is 512Kb/sec downstream and 256Kb/sec upstream. If you are not sure what these mean, you can call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) support desk and ask for help.
In our sessions, we will first try to connect with Skype. Windows Live Messenger is for backup.
The latest version of both of the above software should be installed on your PC, with a working account. You should test both of them to make sure that you can make video calls with good quality.
You can use the following links to test the speed of your internet connection: